Sunday, December 5, 2010

Church time!

You know when you have a brilliant mommy moment, one of those "I GET IT" lightning bolts hits you.
I had one today at church.

Bub is very anxious at church. Mainly because for the past year he has had water dripped on him (baptism), been up past him bed time (puppet shows on the last Wednesday of the month), and abandoned (in the nursery). He's the only baby in our small congregation so as soon as we enter everyone comes up to him. Its a scary thing for a Bub! And being the only baby he is all alone in the nursery with who ever is the sitter that week. Maybe he needs a little brother or sister to keep him company, but that's a topic for another day :-)

First Sunday of the month is my turn to be the sitter so we arrived early today and headed up stairs. Our nursery is on the top level of our church along with the balcony. Because our congregation is so small and our sanctuary is large, no one ever uses it. Passing the door for the balcony the lighting bolt hit me square between the eyes! I grabbed the basket of matchbox cars from the nursery and headed to the balcony. It has wide  areas between pews, perfect for a Bub to crawl around with his 'vroom-vrooms"! He was a bit loud during the service, but I got to sit and enjoy it. Bub even 'sang' during the hymns.  He climbed up and down the aisles, peaking at me between the pews. I figured that if he wanted to nurse only the choir and the pastor would see us (not that anyone cares much anyway) No fuss butt disturbing anyone! Plus it gave my arms a break.

One less place I have to worry about my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment